Today, more than 150 million people suffer from a lack of an important hormone in the blood – insulin, and their number is increasing annually at a rapid pace. This disease is called diabetes and is divided into two types: type 1 and type 2. From a medical point of view, they are two completely different diseases, but they have a common cause and prevention of diabetes mellitus – they have high blood sugar and health care before the illness covers you or your loved ones. The following symptoms should cause anxiety: dry skin, sudden weight loss and decreased vision, muscle cramps and constant itching of the skin, especially in the genital area.
Children’s diseases: diabetes
Basically, the disease of the first type makes itself felt at the age of 30 years. Sad statistics indicate that among childhood diseases diabetes mellitus is actively taking the forefront, and chickenpox, rubella, epidemic hepatitis, influenza or SARS can provoke it . The second type of diabetes is most often affected by people over 40 years old.
The primary causes of diabetes
In the case when the pancreas malfunctions and begins to produce insulin of an unsuitable quality for the body or in an insufficient quantity for it, diabetes occurs. This disease is very insidious, since the above symptoms do not always appear, and it can not be diagnosed in time.
The primary reasons are:
- genetic predisposition – both men and women with histocompatibility are 6 times more susceptible to type 1 and type 2 disease;
- the presence of various autoimmune diseases, but mainly the pancreas – as noted in case histories, type 2 diabetes mellitus in these patients is much less likely to detect antibodies to pancreatic cell antigens;
- damage to pancreatic b-cells by cytomegalovirus, mumps, coxsacki, reovirus and hepatitis virus;
- pancreatic toxic lesions – with medicines, alcohol, preservatives, nitrates, food colors;
- overeating – especially fast foods, convenience foods and canned foods;
- physical inactivity;
- stressful situations;
- pregnancy can also cause gestational diabetes.
Make it a rule for you to periodically take blood and urine tests, because this is a great way to find out the level of sugar and, if necessary, prescribe treatment on time. In the treatment of diabetes, alternative medicine is practically powerless, so you should not risk your life. An advanced disease causes the following complications:
- kidney disease
- disturbances in the work of the heart;
- vision problems;
- leg pain
- rapid weight gain.
Prevention of diabetes can prevent development and reduce the risk of complications. It is best to do your health from early childhood and throughout life. Follow the basic rules of health: proper nutrition, normal drinking regimen, mandatory physical activity and stable emotional state.