Diet for type 1 diabetes is one of the three whales on which the state of health and the patient’s life itself. The other two are insulin therapy, including constant monitoring of the drop in blood sugar and a healthy lifestyle.
Principles of therapeutic and preventive nutrition for patients with type 1 diabetes
Sugar diabetes 1 of course, the menu for the week can not be painted strictly, but the diabetic will have to adhere to some rules all his life, which, in principle, are useful to absolutely everyone:
- control of insulin and constant adjustment of nutrition, taking into account the state of health and objective indicators of blood sugar;
- sources of simple carbohydrates capable of raising the level of blood glucose at a critical moment and preventing the symptoms of hypoglycemic coma must be prepared;
- regular nutrition at least 5 times a day;
- small portions of food;
- useful cooking methods – roasting, stewing, boiling, including steaming;
- balanced diet that includes all the nutrients;
- the patient should control not only the caloric intake of the diet, but also the volume of consumed fluids, there should be no more than 1200 ml per day.
Useful products for type 1 diabetes
Sugar diabetes Type 1, the patient menu should certainly include low-fat protein foods in sufficient quantities, healthy vegetable fats and slow carbohydrates.
From animal proteins, choose:
- mackerel, sardines, tuna and other varieties of wildly grown fish;
- skinless chicken and turkey;
- a rabbit;
Vegetable fats look for the rich Omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids:
- soy and other oils.
Complex carbohydrates in large quantities are present in legumes, vegetables, fruits and greens, but choosing them, do not forget about the glycemic index.
Harmful products in type 1 diabetes
There are some limitations:
- refined carbohydrates;
- sweet fruit;
- fast food;
- finished products and semi-finished products, including canned food and sauces.