Proper nutrition for people with diabetes mellitus is one of the main points of normalization of the condition. Diet and physical activity are important for speeding up metabolism and maintaining the general tone of the body, improving the figure. The internal organs of the gastrointestinal tract, which fall under the brunt of the “sweet ailment”, require a sparing effect. Disputes about the right diet are common among endocrinologists and diabetics. Is it possible to eat eggs with diabetes? The product is famous for its large amount of protein, a lot of cooking recipes, its beneficial properties and taste. Disputes are being held on the topic of chicken and quail eggs, because there is an opinion about the calorie content of the yolk of the product. Many people fear excess blood cholesterol levels, which puts an increased strain on the heart muscle of diabetes. Is it really?
The content of the article
The composition of the product contains:
- Vitamins “A”, “E”;
- Group “B”, “D”;
- Animal protein and fats.
Each component is beneficial for the normal functioning of the human body. The advantage of the substances is the easily digestible form. The egg is quickly digested, without exerting unnecessary stress on the work of the stomach when used correctly and in moderation.
Use of components
- Vitamin “A” helps to restore mucous membranes and skin. Acceleration of cell regeneration is used in the cosmetic field, but for diabetics it is important because of the reduced intensity of the body’s recovery in case of mechanical trauma to the skin. Vitamin helps to destroy cancer cells.
- Elements of group “E” prevent the spread of free radicals in the blood of a diabetic. DNA membranes are protected from the negative effects of bad cholesterol. Blood vessels are less at risk of plaque formation, which interferes with blood flow.
- Vitamin “B” has a beneficial effect on the human nervous system, strengthens the integrity of the skin.
- Substance of group “D” accelerates metabolism, normalizes it, helps to restore the skeleton, saturation of tissues with useful components.
- Iron helps your heart to work more efficiently without unnecessary stress.
Eating eggs in diabetes mellitus is beneficial only with moderate daily portions. An adult can eat no more than 1-2 chicken eggs (or 5-6 quail eggs) per day.
How to eat eggs correctly?
The ratio of cholesterol in chicken and quail eggs is the same for the total weight, contrary to popular belief. What does it mean? If you eat 1 chicken and 5-6 quail eggs (the mass is the same), then the ratio of the harmful component per serving of the product will be the same. Moderate consumption is the key to a competent diet! It is correct to eat eggs with diabetes mellitus for an afternoon snack or second breakfast, boiled soft-boiled. Omelet lovers can use steamed recipes and add the ingredient to diet salads, casseroles, and main courses. The low calorie content of the product helps to combine it with herbs and fresh vegetables, without sacrificing the degree of saturation of the body. Frying eggs is not recommended due to the use of oil and third-party spices. It is better to exclude the raw type of eggs from the diet, because you run the risk of contracting salmonellosis. An intestinal disease is difficult to treat, has severe symptoms, requiring inpatient care! Heat treatment and washing of the shell with soapy water ensures the safety of the product. Use a stiff brush to wash the shells, the water must be hot. With diabetes mellitus, salmonellosis is doubly dangerous!
Quail egg treatment
Quail eggs are superior in value and nutritional value to all others, including chicken eggs. They have no contraindications for use (except for individual intolerance to the product). Diabetics suffering from type 2 ailment can use the ingredient to prepare dietary meals, and also use it in its pure form to achieve a therapeutic effect. Quail eggs for diabetes mellitus are used in a course. In the morning on an empty stomach, the patient eats 3 eggs, and 3 more throughout the day. In total, you need to eat 260 eggs, not exceeding the daily norm. The longer the course, the stronger the positive effect of the restorative diet will be felt. Observing dietary nutrition, a decrease in the hypoglycemic index occurs by at least 2 units. The composition of the product includes:
- Lysozyme, a natural antiseptic that naturally destroys infectious bodies in the human body;
- Tyrosine, which has a beneficial cosmetic effect on the skin of the face;
- Potassium (content is 5 times more than in chicken);
Summing up the amount of nutrients and comparing it with a chicken egg, the difference becomes obvious.
On domestic counters, the product is rare, it is considered an exotic delicacy. The weight of one egg reaches 2 kg, so the portion should be divided into a day, or even more. For example, scrambled eggs made from 1 egg are divided into 10 equal servings. It is not used in its raw form due to its specific taste. It is recommended for diabetics to eat the dish cooked. The ingredient is prepared in boiling water for 45 minutes. List of useful components:
- Calcium, Potassium and Phosphorus;
- Vitamins of groups “A”, “E”, “B2”;
- Alanine, which promotes the processing of glucose in the liver;
- Lysine, which strengthens the immune system;
- Threonine, which stimulates the human immune system.
The ostrich egg has the lowest cholesterol content, but it will be difficult to find a product in the store. The product is not particularly popular among the domestic buyer due to the high price and complexity of export.
How to choose the right eggs?
There are several nuances in purchasing a product:
- The shell must be clean and even. It is better to refuse to buy cracked eggs. Avoid cheap varieties, as there is adhering bird droppings, feathers on their surface;
- Compare ten with each other. Eggs should not be critically different in size, weight or color;
- Examine the surface of the shell for a seal, stamp. This is evidence of product quality and compliance with quality standards. Also, the seal indicates the type of product, whether it is dietary or table.
Shake the product in your hand, holding it to your ear. If it is light, then it has already deteriorated and dried up. The fresh unit will not gurgle, it feels weighty in the hand. The surface is always matt or glossy, depending on the grade. The color depends on the breed of the laying hen, more often in stores there are eggs of white and pale cream shades.
It is not necessary to exclude the product from the diet with diabetes mellitus. Moderate portions have a beneficial effect on the body, diversify the menu. Such food can be safely consumed along with a course of medicines prescribed by an endocrinologist. The egg can be used for therapeutic purposes only as a complementary therapy! It is categorically impossible to replace the main course of drugs with them.