Diabetes is getting younger
– Often the diagnosis leads patients to a stupor and panic. This is unnecessary, you just need to understand what kind of disease it is, and then it is easier to be treated. Diabetes mellitus is a syndrome in which there is a chronic increase in blood sugar in the human body. The disease is associated with absolute or relative insulin deficiency. Various factors can lead to this condition: hereditary and external (uncontrolled excess weight, hypertension). That is why there are many types of diabetes mellitus and the disease can proceed differently for everyone.
Besides, as the doctor says, the disease is getting younger. If a grandmother has diabetes at the age of 60, then the mother may develop it at 55, and the daughter at 50. Moreover, theoretically, overeating of sweets does not cause illness. Diabetes can develop if the body has hidden disorders, a predisposition to disease.
Diabetes affects not only adults, but children and young people
– The two most common types of diabetes are types 1 and 2. The second option is more common and, as a rule, in people after 40 years. Type 1 disease or “diabetes of the young” differs in that it is characterized by absolute insulin deficiency. The patient’s insular apparatus does not work well or does not work at all. The disease also occurs in people under the age of 30. The peak occurs between 5 and 12 years. In addition, this type of diabetes is seasonal. Outbreaks most often occur in the autumn-winter period, when the immune system is weakened.
According to the doctor, type 1 diabetes (Lada-diabetes) is very rare, but it can also occur in patients over 40 years of age. Type 2 disease is associated with absolute or relative insulin deficiency (insulin resistance). This means that the body produces enough insulin, or even excess, but it doesn’t work. Insulin has to act like a key. It helps glucose enter the cells of the body and is used as an energy source.
– With obesity, insulin insensitivity occurs. The lock is closed, sealed, the key has nowhere to be inserted. As a result, a lot of glucose and insulin circulate in the blood. As a result, the body cannot deal with the toxicity. It turns out that instead of delivering glucose to the cell, the body delivers it to the fat cell. The amount of adipose tissue increases, the person gains weight. Obesity increases insulin insensitivity. It turns out a vicious circle.
Women who have given birth to a child more than 4-4.5 kilograms can get sick
Young people, according to the doctor, who most often develop type 1 diabetes, can be advised to simply monitor the state of the body. The disease usually develops abruptly. Against the background of complete health, symptoms such as thirst, weight loss, frequent urination, and a gradual decrease in appetite may appear.
– Children who were previously mobile become lethargic. School performance may also decline. This is because children will lack vital energy. Therefore, for parents whose children have autoimmune diseases, I recommend regularly monitoring the blood glucose levels of their babies.
Type 2 diabetes, according to the doctor, is more difficult to detect. It can be asymptomatic for a long time. Therefore, it is recommended for everyone who has reached the age of 40 and older, at least twice a year, to monitor the level of glucose in the blood. Just take the test on an empty stomach. In addition, it is important to know that susceptibility to type 2 disease can be hereditary. Whether a disease occurs or not depends on the person’s lifestyle (his activity and nutrition).
– If there is a predisposition to illness, as well as obesity or hypertension, and the person does not control blood pressure and does not fight overweight, then diabetes will surely occur. Moreover, in a severe form. The risk of developing type 2 disease is also in women who give birth to a child over 4-4.5 kilograms. If a child was born with a weight of less than 2 kilograms 800 grams, then after 40 years a person has a risk of developing type 2 diabetes.
No stress and viral infections
As Valentina Shutova says, there are few purely hereditary variants of diabetes. Various factors play a role here, which lead to a violation of the immune system. Including viral infections that weaken the immune system and stress.
– A child who is predisposed to diabetes sometimes gets sick after being frightened. For example, a dog got scared, and after that, signs of diabetes mellitus developed.
You can get positive results from the treatment. However, the doctor warns that this is possible if the disease is detected at the initial stage. If the patient begins to control weight, then after 2-3 months or six months he will be able to refuse treatment. Weight is normalized, carbohydrate metabolism is restored. A person is only required to maintain the lifestyle that he has already worked out. That is why diabetes is often called not a disease, but a way of life.
Diabetes is not a disaster or the end of life
– Weight is controlled not only by nutrition, but also by physical activity. It all depends on the person. If the patient is, say, from a village, it is clear that I will not recommend a fitness room to him. In this case, walking activity is suitable, 30-40 minutes a day. You can also do home gymnastics or water treatments.
The doctor also recommends including in the diet vegetable fiber, which is found in bran, fresh vegetables, and wholemeal bread. Such nutrition will help to significantly reduce insulin resistance.
– Diabetes is not a disaster or the end of life. It is important to take the disease seriously, to become more organized. For example, I have a patient who is now 86. She contracted diabetes during the war, when she was 16 years old. Lives and enjoys life to this day. The only problem is that a person is weak, he tends to be lazy and sometimes forget about himself. Most of the patients are women. They are careful about the problem. There are fewer men who are responsible for their health. More often there are those who have got good wives. It is they who monitor the health of their husbands.