Diabetes is, unfortunately, one of the most common diseases in the world today. Statistics show that this disease has been diagnosed in more than 300 million people, and this truly impressive figure only grows with time.
Since this disease is considered to be chronic, patients should follow a special diet for life, as well as take a variety of drugs that contribute to its compensation. The main principles of proper nutrition in diabetes are eating small meals and, most importantly, a significant reduction in the so-called fast carbohydrates. There is a rather extensive list of products that absolutely cannot be included in the patient’s menu. But using certain tricks it is possible to eat in such a limited mode as well, of course, and of course tasty.
What is strictly forbidden to eat for diabetes?
Scientists, doctors and anyone who has had the opportunity to personally encounter such a difficult disease constantly discuss products that are permitted for diabetics, such as nuts, savory fruits, cinnamon, ginger, and more. But, do not forget also about those who are not allowed to contribute to the daily diet. This is much more important, since it is possible to inflict serious damage to health and reduce all the results carried out before therapy. If u You or your loved ones are faced with impaired blood sugar levels, it is extremely important to understand exactly which foods cannot be eaten.
First of all, all kinds of confectionery and other sweets should be excluded from the diabetic menu: pastries, sweets, ice cream, jam, sugar, etc.
Next on the list are bakery products: muffins, fast food, sweet cookies. In addition, you need to be wary of eating grains containing a significant amount of dietary fiber, mainly semolina.
You should also abandon the use of fatty meats:
- sausages and any smoked meats.
From the menu of a patient with diabetes, you need as soon as possible to remove any soups that are prepared in fatty broth from fish or meat.
In the food for diabetics is not recommended to add any spices or sauces (spicy, tomato). Reduce the consumption of fried eggs to zero, and the number of hard-boiled eggs a week should also be limited.
As for dairy and dairy products, you need to carefully monitor their fat content and bypass:
- fat cottage cheese and sour cream;
- hard cheese;
- and yogurts cooked with sugar.
You can not cook with the use of the following types of fat:
- and, of course, margarine.
When it comes to oils, you should seriously limit the intake of coconut , peanut and palm, which very often goes to the composition of popular factory products.
Diabetics also cannot eat certain types of berries and fruits:
Alcoholic beverages are also unacceptable in diabetes mellitus, but not only they represent a danger to the patient. It is necessary to strictly limit the consumption of sweet fruit juices, constantly counting at their admission the permissible amount of carbohydrates. They can greatly affect the level of glucose.
Diabetes is not a sentence
It is very important to understand that in case of diabetes mellitus, the elevated glucose level is not so terrible as the risk of complications in the form of reduced vision, central nervous system damage, heart attacks and strokes. Research experts confirm the view that the duration of life in patients with this disease does not differ from the life expectancy of an ordinary person. The main thing is to know the reaction of the body and observe moderation in everything.
Diabetes and Dukan Diet
Every second person in the world knows that diabetes is a dangerous disease in which there is a relative or absolute insufficiency of a particular hormone capable of controlling the level of glucose in the blood. Someone had to face it personally, and someone heard about it from the experience of their friends and relatives. This disease is accompanied by an increase in the amount of sugar in the blood and urine, as well as a violation of carbohydrate metabolism in the body. Let’s try to figure out whether it is possible for people with similar problems to follow the Dukan diet .
What contributes to the development of diabetes?
- first is heredity;
- glucose levels may be unstable due to viral infections affecting the pancreas;
- the wrong approach to nutrition, lifestyle and illiterate adherence to a variety of diets;
- autoimmune diseases, due to which pancreatic cells are destroyed by the immune system itself.
Diabetics of the first and second types are equally faced with the problem of an increase in blood glucose. As a result, the activity decreases, the appetite disappears or vice versa, the weight increases, the volume of urine increases.
To prevent the occurrence of this disease in oneself, one should, as early as possible, review their eating habits, give up bad habits, and also spend as much time as possible on the move and in the fresh air.
The currently popular Dukan diet for diabetes can only be useful when it comes to the second type of this disease. Here are its main rules:
- The whole essence and benefit of the diet provided by the diet, is that the products must be composed of a minimum of carbohydrates.These restrictions effectively prevent the occurrence of the disease and enhance therapeutic methods of treatment. It helps to stop the development of the disease and does not cause addiction to the hormone.
- It is extremely important for diabetics to refrain from eating fatty foods.Dyukan diet ensures compliance with this simple food rules. Fat-free foods do not provoke the occurrence of diseases of the heart muscle, due to which the human body is not able to provide normal insulin production. A healthy diet has a positive effect on the condition of the heart and other vital organs, which allows them to cope well with their core responsibilities.
- The basic principle of the diet is also to reduce salt intake.Patients with diabetes mellitus often have high blood pressure, and in order to reduce it, salty dishes should be completely excluded from the menu.
- It is extremely important for diabetics to devote time to exercise every day along with dietary restrictions, and, of course, to continue to adhere to this principle after the completion of the diet.
What foods are permissible on the Dukan diet for diabetics?
- Perfectly fit into the menu dishes of lean fish.
- From meat you can eat rabbit, turkey and liver.
- Fermented milk products – kefir and low-fat cottage cheese.
- Low-starch fruits and vegetables.
Changing the diet will work in full force, if the patient begins to spend at least 30 minutes of walking every day, and, if possible, visit the pool.
Dyukan’s diet and diabetes include consultation with an endocrinologist, who will prescribe the necessary tests and conduct a thorough examination of the body. The results will depend on the basic principles of adherence to the diet, as well as the rules of admission and the course of drugs that will help to adequately cope with the disease.