Diabetes mellitus is recognized as a severe disease of the endocrine system. Pathology is incurable. Doctors have failed to find effective methods of healing. But with proper treatment, you can stop the development of the disease and protect the patient from complications. To achieve such results, complex therapy will be required. Treatment includes pharmacotherapy, diet, exercise. Folk remedies will bring tangible help.
Basic home treatments for diabetes
Violation of carbohydrate metabolism, against the background of which diabetes mellitus develops, is a serious pathology. It requires competent, adequate treatment. Some patients completely abandon drug therapy and turn to alternative methods. This is dangerous.
Folk remedies cannot replace medications. Especially when it comes to insulin injections. But they will become an excellent support for a weakened body, strengthen the pancreas, improve digestion and protect against complications.
Speaking about the treatment of diabetes with folk remedies, doctors mean the following areas:
- juice therapy ;
- folk methods;
- phytotherapy (herbal treatment);
- spice therapy;
Treatment of type 1 diabetes with folk remedies
The development of type 1 diabetes is based on insufficient synthesis of the hormone insulin by the pancreas. Pathology occurs in 10-15% of all cases. The disease usually develops in childhood or adolescence. To normalize blood sugar, the patient is prescribed insulin therapy. The introduction of the hormone is required constantly. As the disease progresses, the dosage of insulin is gradually increased. Folk remedies for type 1 diabetes are aimed at:
- improving general well-being;
- support of the pancreas;
- prevention of complications (diseases of the kidneys, liver, cardiovascular system);
- decrease in blood sugar concentration.
Treatment of type 2 diabetes with folk remedies
Type 2 is characterized by sufficient synthesis of insulin. However, organ cells become insensitive to the hormone. Therefore, insulin remains unclaimed. With this type of diabetes, the patient does not need hormone injections. Pathology usually develops in the mature and elderly population. Overweight or obesity is a prerequisite for the appearance of the disease. Type 2 diabetes mellitus lends itself well to correction with dietary nutrition, therapeutic exercises, and medications. When body weight is normalized, blood sugar levels decrease. In the treatment of type 2 diabetes, folk remedies provide invaluable help. They allow:
- protect internal organs from destruction;
- increase the sensitivity of cells to insulin;
- resist obesity;
- prevent the development of complications;
- reduce the concentration of sugar in the blood.
Before practicing alternative treatment, you need to enlist the support of a doctor. Folk recipes are able to “work” on the same principle as medicines. This can lead to a sharp drop in blood sugar and subsequent hypoglycemic coma.
Traditional medicine recipes
Diabetes mellitus has been known since ancient times. In an era when no one even heard of pharmacological preparations, healers fought against the “sweet disease” with folk remedies. Many recipes, useless or unproductive, have dropped out over the years. And the most effective remedies have been preserved by traditional healers and have survived to this day. Among these recipes, the following are popular.
Aspen bark decoction
The medicinal broth normalizes blood sugar. The drink is able to completely get rid of non-insulin-dependent (type 2) diabetes mellitus, if the pathology is detected at the initial stage ( prediabetes ). Preparation:
- A handful of aspen bark is finely chopped.
- Raw materials are poured into 3 liters of water.
- The container with the workpiece is put on fire and brought to a boil.
- As soon as the broth begins to boil, the fire is immediately turned off.
- Cover the drink and leave for 2-3 hours.
- The broth is filtered.
Drink the drink without additives instead of tea. The daily rate is 1 liter, 1.5 liters can be used. Take the broth for 7 days. Then take a break for 10 days. The weekly treatment is repeated again.
Decoction of bay leaves
Such a remedy can be successfully used with both 1 and 2 types of diabetes mellitus. Bay leaves have high hypoglycemic ( hypoglycemic ) properties. The broth strengthens the immune system, normalizes metabolic processes. Preparation:
- Bay leaves (15 pcs.) Pour 0.3 liters of water.
- The mixture is boiled over low heat for 15 minutes.
- Then the resulting drink is poured (along with the leaves) into a thermos.
- The broth is infused for 4 hours.
- They are filtering.
It is recommended to take the drug 3 times a day, about an hour before meals, 3 tbsp. l. The course of treatment is 7-10 days. After a 10-day break, you can repeat the therapy again.
A decoction of bay leaves greatly lowers glucose levels. Therefore, it is prohibited to use it without the permission of a doctor. The drink is contraindicated for pregnant women, young children and nursing mothers.
Some of the treatments are surprising. So, the recommendation to use acorns for the uninitiated seems strange. Meanwhile, oak nuts are able to fight infections, viruses, and reduce sugar. They normalize digestion, improve the functioning of the heart and kidneys. Thus, acorns resist the development of complications of diabetes. Preparation:
- Fresh acorns are placed on a dry baking sheet and dried in the oven (at 80 ° C) for 5 minutes.
- Continue drying with the oven door open for 1 hour. At the same time, the raw materials are regularly turned over.
- Then they wait until the oak nuts have cooled.
- Acorns are peeled.
- The dried raw materials are ground into powder.
Take a medicinal product (1 tsp) on an empty stomach, in the morning, half an hour before breakfast. Repeat reception (1 tsp) in the evening, one hour after dinner. The duration of therapy is 1 week. Then a break of 7 days, after which you can repeat the treatment.
Bean leaf infusion
In diabetes mellitus (especially with type 1), traditional healers advise using an infusion of bean leaves. Raw materials contain protein components that enhance the production of insulin. Preparation:
- The infusion is prepared in the evening.
- Dry leaves are crushed.
- The resulting powder (1.5 tbsp. L.) Is poured with boiling water (1 tbsp.).
- The container with the future medicine is wrapped in a warm towel and left to infuse overnight.
- In the morning, filter the drink.
Use the product before breakfast on an empty stomach, 0.5 cups. The duration of therapy is 7-10 days. You can repeat the treatment after 10-12 days of interruption .
Many popular recipes include flaxseed. The component is very popular with healers as it is rich in minerals and vitamins. Small grains are able to restore metabolic processes, improve the work of the pancreas, and normalize the concentration of glucose. The broth is useful for types 1 and 2 diabetes mellitus. Preparation:
- 5 tbsp is poured into the container. water.
- Pour 5 tbsp into the liquid. l. Flaxseed.
- The mixture is boiled for 15 minutes.
- Then the broth is insisted for 2 hours.
- They are filtering.
You need to take a drink 2 times a day, 50 ml before meals. The treatment lasts 7-10 days.
Flaxseed can be harmful to health. Therefore, before using the broth, a doctor’s consultation is required. This medication can provoke severe complications in women suffering from endometriosis, polycystic, fibroids. The broth is contraindicated for pregnant women, lactating mothers and men with prostate adenoma.
For patients with diabetes mellitus, dietary food is recommended. This diet can be varied with fruit and vegetable juices. Drinks saturate the body with vitamins, replenish the reserves of micro and macro elements. But only freshly squeezed juices, prepared at home, have healing power.
Jerusalem artichoke juice
Earthen pear (or Jerusalem artichoke) is often used to treat diabetes. A drink from the tubers of the plant eliminates heartburn and improves the functioning of the digestive system. It contains a record amount of inulin (a natural analogue of insulin), so it can quickly lower glucose levels. Earthen pear improves the functioning of the pancreas and increases potency in men. Preparation:
- Jerusalem artichoke tubers are cleaned.
- Raw materials are crushed on a grater or in a blender.
- The gruel is wrapped in cheesecloth and squeezed out.
Take a drink daily (morning or evening) for 0.5 glasses. The treatment lasts 10 days. After a 5-day break, it is allowed to resume the juice therapy .
Tomato juice is good for diabetes. It saturates with iron, potassium, magnesium, calcium. The drink normalizes metabolic processes and stabilizes blood sugar concentration. Fresh (not boiled) juice made from fully ripe tomatoes has healing power.
Tomato juice therapy is contraindicated in gout, gallstone and urolithiasis.
A fresh cucumber drink contributes to the effective treatment of diabetes. Also, vegetable juice can be used as a prophylaxis. It regulates metabolism, improves liver and kidney function. The drink normalizes sugar concentration. Preparation:
- Fresh cucumber is chopped.
- Juice is carefully squeezed out of the aromatic gruel.
- The drink can be sweetened with honey (0.5 tsp per glass).
It is recommended to consume cucumber juice 200 ml per day for 2 weeks.
Fresh juice can be used to heal wounds on the legs. Cucumber compresses are put on for several hours. They cleanse pus, accelerate regeneration. But if diabetes progresses and gangrene develops, then an urgent need to consult a doctor. No folk remedies will help!
Celery drink improves metabolism, increases body tone. The juice effectively lowers blood sugar. It can be used to treat and prevent diabetes. Preparation:
- Celery stalks are chopped.
- Juice is squeezed out of the resulting gruel.
- The fragrant liquid is diluted with water (2 to 1).
- Honey (0.5 tsp) is added to the drink (1 tbsp.).
Diluted juice is consumed in a third of a glass 3 times a day. The treatment lasts 2 weeks.
The drink, with a rather strange taste, helps in the fight against diabetes. It normalizes glucose levels and improves metabolism. Potato juice is recommended for elderly patients as a prophylaxis of cardiovascular disorders, diseases of the digestive tract, kidney and liver pathologies. Preparation:
- The raw root vegetable is peeled.
- The potatoes are chopped.
- Juice is squeezed out of the gruel.
- To enhance the taste of the drink, it can be diluted with carrot or beetroot juice.
Drink a quarter of a glass of potato juice daily. The therapy lasts 3 weeks. Before a second course, they must take a break for 14 days.
Herbal Diabetes Treatment
In the fight against diabetes mellitus, medicinal herbs are in demand. Herbal medicine allows you to normalize the concentration of glucose, improve metabolism and protect the body from the development of complications. The use of herbs is allowed only under the supervision of a doctor. Some of the plants are incompatible with each other. If it was not possible to find an experienced phytotherapist, then it is better to prefer ready-made preparations or strictly follow the recipe.
Infusion of blueberries
Blueberry leaf has high hypoglycemic properties. Therefore, it is often used to treat diabetes. Infusion from this plant normalizes the digestive tract, improves the functioning of the pancreas. Preparation:
- Blueberry leaves (1 tablespoon) pour a glass of boiling water.
- The container is covered with a lid and wrapped in a woolen scarf.
- Infuse the drink for 30-40 minutes.
- They are filtering.
Drink the infusion three times a day for a tablespoon. The duration of treatment varies from 7 to 14 days. Doctors recommend using blueberries. They strengthen the capillaries localized in the retina of the eye, and also help prevent retinopathy, an irreversible complication of diabetes.
Infusion of meadow clover
Red clover has been successfully used to protect against colds and viral diseases. It lowers blood sugar, detoxifies, and has a diuretic effect. Clover enhances tissue regeneration (healing), which is especially important for diabetics. The plant activates the removal of harmful cholesterol. Preparation:
- Dry grass (2 tablespoons) is poured with boiling water (300 ml).
- The infusion is poured into a thermos and sealed tightly.
- Infuse the drink for 2-3 hours.
- The infusion is filtered.
Take 0.5 cups three times a day before meals. The treatment lasts 1 month. Then they take a break for 30 days and resume herbal medicine.
Infusion of oats
Oat grains contain many vitamins and minerals. In addition to them, the cereal contains inulin, which can normalize the glucose concentration. The benefits of unrefined oat grains have been recognized by official medicine. Therefore, cereals are often included in the diet of people with diabetes. Preparation:
- A glass of unpeeled oats is poured with 1 liter of water.
- The contents are poured into a jar and mixed thoroughly.
- The container is closed with a lid.
- The jar is left for 1 day in a dark place.
- Then the drink is filtered.
Drink the infusion 3 times a day, 0.5 cups before meals. The oatmeal treatment lasts 2 weeks.
Burdock normalizes carbohydrate metabolism. The plant accelerates the absorption of glucose by the body. Burdock decoction quickly and effectively reduces sugar concentration. This drink can help with hyperglycemia. At the initial stage of diabetes mellitus, this remedy is not recommended. Preparation:
- Burdock root is thoroughly cleaned of dirt and washed.
- Raw materials are cut into small pieces.
- The crushed root (1 tbsp. L.) Is poured with water (0.5 l).
- The mixture is boiled over low heat for half an hour.
- After cooling, the finished broth is filtered.
They take the medicine in a quarter of a glass three times a day for 2 weeks.
In case of diabetes mellitus, a curative collection containing several medicinal herbs will be beneficial. It will help to normalize the functioning of internal organs, reduce the concentration of glucose. Preparation:
- Combine crushed alder leaves (half a glass), the aerial part of the nettle (1 tbsp. L.), Quinoa (2 tbsp. L.).
- Mix the herbal mixture thoroughly.
- The collection is poured into a glass of warm water.
- Insist on light for 4-5 days.
- They are filtering.
- A pinch of salt is added to the drink.
Take an infusion of 1 tsp. on an empty stomach 2 times a day. The course of treatment is 2 weeks.
Spices for diabetes
Spices help fight diabetes. They can be used as a condiment for cooking. Lovers of unconventional methods of treatment will like the following folk recipes.
Cinnamon is popular among folk remedies. It increases the body’s sensitivity to insulin, reduces the concentration of glucose. The spice strengthens blood vessels, removes cholesterol and protects against blood clots. Preparation:
- Cinnamon powder (0.5 tsp) is mixed with honey (2 tsp).
- The viscous mass is poured with a glass of boiling water.
- Stir diligently.
- After half an hour, the cooled tea is transferred to the refrigerator.
- The drink is kept for 12 hours.
In the morning they drink 0.5 tbsp. ready-made tea. The second half of the drink is consumed in the evening. The course of cinnamon therapy is 10-14 days.
Ginger strengthens the immune system, lowers sugar and cholesterol. The oriental spice helps fight obesity, the main trigger for type 2 diabetes. Preparation:
- The root is cleaned and soaked in water for 1-1.5 hours.
- A piece is cut from the spice, 1 cm thick.
- Grind it up.
- The fragrant gruel is poured with boiling water (1.5 l).
- Insist the drink in a thermos for 4-6 hours.
- The tea is filtered.
Drink the drink three times a day, 1 cup. If the tea is very concentrated, then it can be diluted with ordinary boiling water.
Ginger tea enhances the effect of hypoglycemic drugs. Therefore, it can be combined with drug therapy only under medical supervision. The drink is prohibited for some heart pathologies, a tendency to allergies and hypertension.
Infusion of cloves
For the treatment of diabetes, healers recommend taking a drink from the buds of cloves. The infusion cleanses the blood, reduces the concentration of glucose. The drink effectively fights infections that often attack the body of diabetics. Preparation:
- Clove buds (20 inflorescences) are poured with boiling water (1 glass).
- The drink is insisted for 10-12 hours.
- The infusion is filtered.
- The resulting product is divided into 3 parts.
The entire infusion is drunk during the day in 3 divided doses. Treatment of diabetes mellitus with clove infusion is carried out every other day for a month.
Propolis for diabetes insipidus
Sometimes patients are diagnosed with diabetes insipidus. To treat such an ailment, you can use an effective propolis tincture. Preparation:
- Fresh propolis (the size of a walnut) is crushed.
- Raw materials are poured into 100 ml of alcohol (70%).
- The container is closed with a lid and transferred to a dark place.
- Withstand the tincture for 2 weeks, remembering to shake it daily.
- Store the drug in the refrigerator.
Take the remedy daily, 15-18 drops, 20 minutes before meals, three times a day. The tincture can be diluted in water or milk. The course of therapy is 4 weeks.
With diabetes mellitus, sports are simply necessary. Gymnastics protects against the development of obesity, normalizes the condition of internal organs. Physical activity requires energy, so excess glucose begins to be actively absorbed by the muscles. This helps to lower sugar. Each exercise is repeated 10-15 times. Be sure to control your well-being. Take regular breaks. Gymnastics should not cause fatigue. Excessive activity will lead to a sharp rise in blood sugar.
At home, you can perform the following gymnastics:
- Standing on the floor. They walk in place. At the same time, legs are raised high, bent at the knees. They walk for 3-4 minutes.
- Standing. Take a step back while inhaling with the right leg and raise your right hand up. On exhalation, they return to their original position. Repeat the exercise for the left limbs.
- Standing. The arms are extended forward. Alternately, they swing their legs, trying to reach the palm with their toes.
- Squats. Hands along the body. On inhalation, the upper limbs describe a semicircle in the air. The palms touch above the head. On exhalation, the arms fall down along the same trajectory and squat. On inspiration, rise again.
- Slopes. Hands on the belt. While bending forward, turn the body so that the elbow of the left hand reaches the toe of the right leg. Repeat tilts with twists in both directions.
Elderly people can start such a complex with 4-5 repetitions. Exercise should be done daily. And gradually you need to build up momentum. Nature has presented a lot of medicinal products, plants, spices to man. And if you use these funds correctly, you can resist even such a formidable ailment as diabetes.