What neutralizes blood sugar? The answer to the question is of interest to every person who has jumps in glycemia due to the development of diabetes. There are many ways to lower glucose: eating certain foods, optimal physical activity, herbs, and tablets.
Practice shows that one of the points of successful treatment of chronically elevated blood sugar is a health-improving diet, which should include products with a low glycemic index and low amount of carbohydrates.
Physical activity helps people with type 2 diabetes to increase the sensitivity of soft tissues to sugar, as a result of which glucose is absorbed faster by the body, its accumulation in the blood does not occur.
So, let’s look at these ways to neutralize sugar in more detail. And also find out how to quickly reduce sugar for the upcoming analysis?
Can foods lower glucose?
Many patients are interested in whether it is possible to quickly lower the sugar in the body before testing for it. The question is quite interesting, and from it a second, also quite logical question arises, why is this needed?
Definitely, for some reason, many people want to lower their sugar before glucose tests, but they don’t think that their life against the background of a chronic hyperglycemic state is fraught with numerous negative consequences.
In particular, chronic hyperglycemia leads to various complications from internal organs and systems, visual perception may be impaired, wounds do not heal for a long time, the patient feels tired and broken.
Using food, you can neutralize some of the sugar in the blood, but they do not work as fast as many would like, and are aimed at the long term. And therefore it would be advisable to note that there are no products that, before analysis, would help reduce sugar to the required level.
When composing your menu, you should pay attention to the following food:
- The food that contains a significant amount of fiber. In fact, fiber can be compared with a “brush”, which effectively helps cleanse the human intestines.
- The food that has a low or medium glycemic index. The index appears to be the value that affects glucose in the human body.
For example, when a product has a high index, sugar will rise quite quickly. If the index is average, then glucose will rise relatively quickly.
A low glycemic index provides a delayed increase in sugar. This value is based on multiple factors such as fiber and dietary fiber, protein and fat, carbohydrates, cooking method, etc.
Products to neutralize sugar
So, what will help neutralize sugar in the human body? Consider the most effective foods that should be present on the table of any person suffering from diabetes.
First of all, it is seafood. They contain a huge amount of protein elements, while there are practically no carbohydrates, GI is very small. Therefore, a diabetic can eat shrimp, mussels, etc.
Fresh seasonal vegetables. These foods contain just a huge amount of dietary fiber and such useful fiber. You can eat any kind of cabbage, zucchini, eggplant, pepper, pumpkin.
The following foods help reduce human blood sugar:
- Any greens – parsley, lettuce, dill, cilantro, spinach.
- Cinnamon. It is noted that this spice has undoubted benefits for the diabetic, helping to reduce sugar levels. To do this, you need to use one pinch of spices every day.
- Oatmeal contains a record amount of fiber.
- Berries and fruits include a lot of dietary fiber.
- Tofu cheese has a low glycemic index.
On the Internet there are detailed tables of the glycemic index of all food products, which greatly simplify the life of diabetics.
Foods with a low index can be eaten every day; foods with an average GI are recommended to be consumed no more than twice a week; high-index foods should be discarded to avoid spikes in sugar.
Folk remedies for diabetes
In alternative medicine, there are many recipes based on medicinal plants and natural components, which are aimed at reducing sugar in the human body. Many of them additionally have a restorative and tonic effect, positively affecting human well-being.
A decoction based on bay leaves is popular for reducing sugar. To prepare it at home, you need to take 15 small leaves of laurel, pour 800 ml of boiling liquid. Insist in a sealed container for several hours.
It is recommended to take up to 5 times a day before meals. The dosage at one time is 70-80 ml. The duration of the therapeutic course is two weeks. Cranberries are equally useful in diabetes.
The following recipes will help reduce sugar at home:
- Grind one hundred grams of fresh parsley, pour 250 ml of boiling water, insist for 1 hour. Take 50 ml five times a day. The course of treatment varies from 14 to 21 days.
- From fresh leaves of plantain, it is necessary to squeeze the juice, defend the liquid in the refrigerator for a day. Take one tablespoon in the morning and evening. The course of treatment is not limited to time frames.
- Turmeric is not only a spice, but also an effective way to lower sugar. It is necessary to take the powder on the tip of the knife, add to 250 ml of warm water, stir. Drink in two doses.
These tips help reduce glucose in the human body by several units, while stabilizing it at the required level. However, these tips are only suitable for the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
If the patient has type 1 diabetes, then only competent and adequate insulin therapy recommended by the attending physician will help lower the sugar.
General recommendations for diabetics
Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease, and, unfortunately, at the moment there are no ways to help get rid of it forever. Therefore, for a normal and full life, it is necessary to compensate for the pathology.
Upon achieving good compensation of the disease, it is possible to stabilize and normalize blood sugar at the required level, to minimize the likelihood of its differences in the body. On the one hand, this is easy to achieve, since compensation methods are not labor-intensive.
But on the other hand, not every person can adjust his lifestyle, eat properly and balanced, play sports, and constantly control glucose. That is why people should understand that the correction of lifestyle equals a normal and long life.
The following tips will help neutralize blood sugar:
- Physical activity is an integral part of the treatment of type 2 diabetes, so it is recommended to do morning exercises or run in the morning.
- Additionally, take vitamins and mineral complexes, which make up for the deficiency of missing substances in the human body.
- Always monitor your diet, forever giving up food that is fraught with an increase in blood sugar.
- Constant sugar control. This can be done using a glucometer – a device that allows you to measure sugar at home.
Diabetes is not a sentence, and with the right approach to therapy, the disease can be successfully managed, as a result of which life will be normal and full. In addition, sugar neutralization reduces the likelihood of developing negative complications.
Thus, in order to reduce the sugar levels in the body, you can use a variety of methods, but in the complex they work much more efficiently, faster and more efficiently.